Thursday, March 11, 2010

DIY Spring Centerpieces

I make an effort to have fresh cut flowers and greens in our home at all times. We don't have a budget for these things so I have to get creative. I purchased one bunch of gorgeous daffodils (buy them only if they have not yet bloomed) at my local grocery store on sale for $1.49. Then I realized that we have an incredibly gorgeous blooming tree in our front yard. I used branches and the daffodils to bring some cheer into our home as we hosted quite a few people this past weekend.





It reminded me the spring is right around the corner (only 9 more days, but who's counting???).





Here is an incredible DIY tutorial for three different kinds of spring centerpieces that Epicurious put together. I love how fruits and vegetables are incorporated into these beauties. Using unexpected elements sure does catch attention.





Bring some nature into your home and enjoy it!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Also, you can cut the blooming tree branches - or other spring-blooming bushes. Bring them indoors, put them in water - and they will bloom right there on your table! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, straight from a plant expert! I actually brought those blooms into our house and just didnt take a photo. They looked awesome! I will be doing it again this weekend. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the combination of flowers with the asparagus and artichokes! Great idea! I am SO excited about spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peonies are my favorite!! I love the combo with artichokes! So fun and pretty!

    ReplyDelete