Monday, November 23, 2009

DIY Thanksgiving Centerpiece


We have already hosted two Thanksgiving meals at our home. As promised, I have a few little tips for affordable and fun Thanksgiving decorations.

Let's start with a centerpiece.

Find a rustic fabric to use if you don't have a table runner that you like. I found this piece of fraying burlap in the remnants pile at a local store. It was the perfect size and I liked the frayed edges.



I dug through my vases and candle holders and found a few that were different shapes and sizes. I filled the small vases with a few of the flowers that my hubby had brought home for me the week before (mums last a long time and are not expensive).



The larger vases and containers were filled with acorns that I found in our front yart. There are so many great little things that you can use to fill these up- just head out into your neighborhood and get creative!



I used a white pillar candle and a few tealites that I already had to create some atmosphere. :o) I then added some doilies under a few of the candle holders. I have quite a few antique ones that I use for different projects- they are great to have on hand.

I found fall garland at a local craft store for 80% off and snagged it to add a finishing touch. You can cut a few small branches off of a tree from your yard if you can't find a garland you like.



It was so simple and very affordable.



My Cost-

Burlap: 0.49
Flowers: given to me
Acorns: Found in front yard
Candles: Already had
Vases/Containers: Already had (but you can find them at the dollar store)
Garland: 1.99
Doilies: Already had (you can even find doilies at the dollar store!)

Total: $2.48

Next up...a tree decoration that you can use for the entire holiday season...

1 comment:

  1. The pics are gorgeous...but not as beautiful as the real thing! Happy Thanksgiving, Friend!

    ReplyDelete